11 November 2011

Anne Curtis denied chance to greet fans at USTv

MANILA, Philippines - Actress-TV host Anne Curtis said she was denied a chance to greet her fans during the 8th USTv Student’s Choice Kickoff Party on Thursday.

On her official Twitter account, Curtis said that the staff of GMA Network did not allow her to go up on stage to at least say hi to her fans, following the cancellation of her supposed live performance during the event.

Anne Curtis
She tweeted, “Thomasians, I'm sorry I had to leave na. I tried to at least get up on stage and say hi kahit 2 minutes lang but GMA staff didn't want.”

This was followed by another post confirming the incident: “Thomasians, I was there on the left side of the stage & told them kahit d na ako kumanta babati Lang ng Hi and Hello but GMA Staff said no.”

Commenting on her posts, some of Curtis’ followers expressed their dismay over the incident.
Twitter user @mysiie tweeted, “aw!..kelan pa bawal bumati?”

Meanwhile, @cleandyGarcia posted, “Unfair. Huhu. :|”

Curtis tried to appease her fans who were obviously irked by the said incident.

She tweeted, “Hayaan nyo na guys. GMA staff probably had their own reasons. Just wanted to let you know why I disappeared all of a sudden. :)”

“It's just sad that i was already about to get on stage, as in by the stairs na. Kasi nauna ako dun before the GMA Artists were there.. Tapos pinigilan nila.. I guess what I learned from tonight is to humbly take a deep breath, give way and say BYE :)”

GMA network’s side

In a report from Pep.ph, a GMA network source said Curtis did not arrive earlier than any of the its artists who were also slated to perform that night.

The entertainment website’s source said that Curtis arrived the event venue at 8 p.m., while most of the GMA artists were already there as early as 5 p.m.

The source confirmed to Pep.ph that Curtis appealed for a short appearance on stage to at least greet her fans, but the source also said that the GMA staff aptly explained to her that it is not possible considering that it was the Kapuso stars’ turn.

Since Curtis was in a hurry to attend her rehearsal in Smart-Araneta Coliseum in preparation for her performance on November 11, the source said that the ABS-CBN talent then decided to immediately leave.

Curtis explains her side

Following the report from Pep.ph, Curtis once again turned to the microblogging site Twitter to explain her side of the story.

On Friday afternoon, Curtis posted on official Twitter account: “Read some articles & whoever the source was, got some details wrong. So I'd like to explain.”

“Firstly, if you read my twitter timeline I didn't arrive late at 8pm. I was asked by UST people to be there between 7-7:30 and they had told my Road Manager as soon as I get there it would be my turn.. If you want an exact time I was there at 7:10 according to driver. O diba? Join din ang driver ko sa drama. Haha. No, but seriously, they told me naman since TV5 people were performing already they opted to put me after TV5 artists & before the GMA artists.”

As for her claim that she arrived earlier than the GMA artists who were also set to perform that night, Curtis also had an apt explanation.

She tweeted, “What I meant when I said nauna ako sa GMA Artists dun was that the USTv staff called me to go on stage coz it was my turn. When I got backstage pababa na ung Artists of TV5 and I didn't see anyone from GMA except the lady representing GMA.”

No explanation?

Curtis also belied the source of Pep.ph’s claim that the GMA-7 staff gave her an explanation regarding the refusal to let her go up on stage.

“She DID NOT explain anything to me,” Curtis said.

“I didn't even quite get what she tried to say coz she said this while turning around me. So ang hirap intindihan kung d ka din sinabihan ng maayos diba? But to clear it NO ONE from the GMA staff explained anything to me as it was said in the article.”

According to Curtis, she had no intention or whatsoever to twit the GMA staff and artists with her posts last Thursday.

“To clear it, I'm not dissing the network or the artists of GMA. As I said in my tweet don't get mad at the GMA staff they probably had their own reasons. But if I was called by the staff of USTv and was already at the side of stage waiting to be called maybe they/she could've taken that into consideration also.”

She said that she was only trying to explain to her followers, particularly those who were expecting her to perform that night, why she wasn't able to set foot on stage.

She explained, “The only reason why I tweeted last night was because pinalabas na ako ng USTv staff to perform so nakita na ako, mas nakakagulat if bigla naman ako nawala. Its only proper I explain to them what the reason was why I left. I owe that to the Thomasians who tweeted & were waiting for me.”

No comments: