07 December 2011

Rhian Ramos: Mo Twister threatened to destroy me

MANILA, Philippines - Actress-host Rhian Ramos has finally broken her silence on the controversies surrounding her relationship with former flame, Mo Twister.

In a TV interview, Ramos said she was only 16 when she first met the controversial radio jock. Mo Twister (Mohan Gumatay in real life) was 29 at the time.

Ramos said Gumatay was nice, smart and funny, all traits that made it easy for her to love him.

"He gave me a lot of attention. I was very flattered. He would often say on his radio show that I'm his crush, stuff like that, so I was really flattered and I like him," Ramos said.

However, she said a lot of people including her own mother warned her about getting involved with Mo because of his age and his bad reputation with women.

"Hindi ako nakinig eh because I just really like him and I guess I was being blind. I don't know. You learn your lesson after naman," Ramos said.

She said Gumatay completely changed when they became an item. She said: "I came to know him in a completely different way. It's like he was a really different person."

She said she had tried to break off their relationship several times but Mo always threatened to destroy her reputation.

"Every time that I would try to break up, he would get really mad or he would threaten me. I think the most painful time was when he outright told me that 'I promise to take everything you love away from you.' Yun ba yung love? Tatakutin ka ng tao? Ite-threaten ka, sisirain ka? Para ano? Para sa kanya ka lang," she said.

Abortion?

In the interview, Ramos also gave a comment on Gumatay's video diary, which said she allegedly had an abortion done in Singapore last July. Ramos said she only learned about the video via Twitter.

"I was very shocked and very hurt. I could not believe what I was seeing. I could not believe that he would say all those things about me and make a video saying things like that about me," Ramos said.

Ramos said she regrets trying to fix her relationship with Gumatay in the hopes that everything will turn ok.

"I loved him very much and I thought I was doing the right thing. I was just, I don't know I was blind. I didn't know, I didn't know any better. I was so young when I met him, I just fell in love and I just wanted to stick by him," she said.

No more showbiz projects for now

She said she has also decided to take a break from showbiz to forget the controversial issue.

"For now I just asked if I could rest for a little bit. I've just needed sometime away to spend with my family," Ramos said.

Asked what she has learned from the controversy, Ramos said she learned to listen to her family's advice.

"I should have listened to my parents, I should have listened to my family. The reason why your family knows what's best for you is because they love you unconditionally," she said.

No comments: